video editor/ videographer (preditor)

Fleet, Hampshire / London
job type:
Full time
date posted:

WCP is a global media company for the social generation.

We are creators of popular content. Our niche online communities spanning pets to parenting, home to humour, travel to food, beauty and style.

    ready to make an impact?

    We create: 

    • 900 million monthly impressions 
    • 5 million daily engagements
    • 65% of people reached are aged 18-34
    • 12 million reached in the UK and USA daily 

    We are seeking an exceptional Video Editor with strong videographer skills to join our passionate team to help take our original programming to the next level! 

    This is an excellent opportunity if you enjoy being hands on and involved in all aspects, around 70% of your time will be video editing- this will be a mixture of existing and new social media content, and campaigns, and the other 30% focusing on videography, filming, shooting, and creative leadership. 

    We want a social media native who’s as comfortable in studio as they are on the streets. You will connect with the Social Junkie brand and be excited to grow our vision creatively, think outside the box on shoot concepts, run the shoots, bring content to life through use of Motion Graphics, and work closely with our Creative Director on shoot ideas. Your involvement potential is as limitless as your imagination. 

    Your Role & Responsibilities:

    • Strong editor with excellent videography capabilities.
    • Edit a variety of video footage, animate motion graphics, source royalty-free music, colour correction and mixing.
    • Take ownership of the creative vision and strategy for video content.
    • Define the quality standards and narrative output for all video assets.
    • Build a strong and collaborative working relationship with the creative/design lead.
    • Have expertise and a passion for producing, shooting and editing high-quality, direct-response video content.
    • Brainstorm, script and edit video content (social media, website) from brief to completion in partnership with copywriters, designers and marketing
    • Research new trends, techniques, platforms, and tools to develop engaging video content.

    Skills & Experience Required:

    • 1-2 years’ experience as a video editor, demonstrating exceptional storytelling
    • Extensive Social Media experience- skilled at cutting for social – fast cuts, compelling and “thumb-stopping” content.
    • Experience shooting and cutting BTS films
    • Passion for audio-visual storytelling
    • Possess a broad knowledge of current production and post-production techniques.
    • Motion graphic experience and ability a bonus.
    • Colour correcting and set lighting knowledge a plus. 

    If this sounds like the role for you, please send your CV & work samples to [email protected] – we’re interviewing now! 

    Please note, this role requires travel to our studio in Fleet (2-3 times per week) – 30-40 mins from Waterloo / Clapham Junction.