WCP is a global media company for the social generation.
We are creators of popular content. Our niche online communities spanning pets to parenting, home to humour, travel to food, beauty and style.
Who are WCP Brands Ltd
WCP Brands is an exciting start-up with multiple Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok communities. Our main pages are Home Junkie, Social Junkie, Travel Junkie and Film Junkie but have more than 15 (and growing) reaching a global audience of over 900Million per month.
WCP work with creative talent to build their reach and audience using our core ‘engine’ of communities whilst running campaigns with brands who fit our creative talent to secure brand partnerships.
We already have an impressive track record working with major brands including LEGO, B&Q and Tapi Carpets and celebrity talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, vibrant team at the early stage of the business as a Website Editor.
WCP are launching a new website that will focus on engaging, informative, and fun content. We are seeking an Editor to be responsible for creating website content and managing the website content team, which we expect to grow rapidly. The successful candidate will have demonstrative experience in publisher websites ideally with large online audiences. They will be responsible for mentoring and building an editorial team and work closely with community managers for publication of articles on our social media platforms. The candidate will be key to driving new traffic and engagement for our website.
We will accept remote applications but on the understanding that the successful candidate may be required to attend our Fleet in Hampshire office at least once a week or when required.
- Write engaging and compelling articles across a range of subjects
- Research articles and write using WCP’s tone of voice following our in-house style
- Create editorial guidelines and ensure the content team adhere to them
- Edit and proofread articles created by the content team
- Fact-check articles including data, statistics and quotes for accuracy
- Ensure all the necessary permissions and copyright approvals are obtained and recorded
- Recruit and manage a small, but growing team of writers
- Work closely with the content team and report to the directors
- Work with in-house designers, when required to enhance content
- Ensure content follows SEO practices
- Grow our website audience and make recommendations to increase engagement
- Fluent English speaker
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience in researching articles and content
- Detailed understanding of British and American English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Knowledge of SEO and best practices
- Previous experience within an online publisher environment
- Understand content managed solutions for online creating and editing
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor others
- Close attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- A passion and excitement to create engaging and interesting content
Nice to have
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook Business Manager and Sprout Social
- Experience in publishers who monetise content
- Experience in a social first publisher
- Ability to spot viral stories prior to writing
What we offer
Not only are we a fantastic bunch of people to work with, we have a great working environment in our Junkie Studios based in Fleet, Hampshire, but we also accommodate working from home or a mixture of the two.
A competitive salary with pension.
How to Apply
Please write a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the position and accompany your CV together with salary expectations to [email protected]. Please also advise your availability /notice period.