wcp is a global media company for the social generation.
we are creators of popular content. our niche online communities spanning pets to parenting, home to humour, travel to food, beauty and style.
Who are WCP Brands Ltd
WCP Brands is an exciting start-up with multiple Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok communities. Our main pages are Home Junkie, Social Junkie, Travel Junkie and Film Junkie but have more than 15 (and growing) reaching a global audience of over 900Million per month.
WCP work with creative talent to build their reach and audience using our core ‘engine’ of communities whilst running campaigns with brands who fit our creative talent to secure brand partnerships.
We already have an impressive track record working with major brands including LEGO, B&Q and Tapi Carpets and celebrity talent.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, vibrant team at the early stage of the business as a Community Manager (CM).
WCP has multiple Facebook, Instagram and TikTok pages that grow rapidly by community managers posting viral content that includes anything from image, videos, quizzes, polls, etc! Our reach is over 900Million per month across the different communities with the total number of followers on Facebook alone to be over 6 Million (Oct 2021). The success of the pages / communities are due to the community managers and their ability to identify viral content before it’s posted.
Our team encourage knowledge sharing to pinpoint what works and what can be improved, working as a collective team, in our opinion is the best way to achieve results and learn and develop. The CM strengthens relationships with our creators and our audience and you will be working with some of the most incredible talent on social media.
We are seeking someone who is extremely passionate about social media, understands what type of posts go viral and how they go viral, is obsessive about making their posts perform to a large audience and goes above and beyond to reach the sky with social media posts and rarely puts their phone down!! Possibly someone who already has a large following on socials and wants to make a career in this industry.
We will accept remote applications but on the understanding that the successful candidate may be required to attend our Fleet in Hampshire office at least once a week or when required.
- Write copy and post on the main social media platform, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok
- Find content and ensure all the necessary permissions and copyright approvals are obtained and recorded to post
- Manage the community and engage with our audience daily
- Work closely with the content team and report to the website editor
- Work with in-house designers, when required to enhance content
- Drive engagement, reach and views to grow our social media communities
- Basic editing of images and videos ready for posting
- Grow our social media communities and website audience and make recommendations to increase engagement
- Understand and spot new trends and adapt working practices and types of posts to match these trends
- Passionate and experience in social media is essential
- The ability to demonstrate social media pages that they have worked on
- Understand what makes a post go viral and the ability to spot viral stories
- Knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook Business Manager and Sprout Social
- Understand social media stats and how to change the way of posting to reflect the analytics provided
- Strong organisational skills
- Fluent in English with a detailed understanding of British and American English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Close attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- A true passion and excitement to create engaging and interesting content
Nice to have
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Previous experience within an online publisher environment, ideally a social first publisher
- Experience in publishers who monetise content
- Already run a successful social media page
What we offer
Not only are we a fantastic bunch of people to work with, we have a great working environment in our Junkie Studios based in Fleet, Hampshire, but we also accommodate working from home or a mixture of the two.
A competitive salary with pension.
How to Apply
Please write a covering letter explaining why you are the best candidate for the position and accompany your CV together with salary expectations to [email protected].com . Please also advise your availability /notice period.